Wednesday, April 27, 2011

What's Been Going On/Things Are Changing!

Ok, I haven't updated this blog in forever, for those who follow, (Mary, Nicole, and Jessie ya'll rock!) I am going to do my best to update this more frequently.  I am hoping to get more followers soon.  ^_^  Anyways, I don't have any excuse for not updating other than being lazy, that has got to change and I am leaning on God to help me fix that.  I know that I have to work on it as well, but with God all things are possible!  :)

To update everyone on what has been going on in my life here it goes.  I have been going to college half-time and have just finished the semester.  It was a pretty easy semester, thank the Lord! lol.  I have not found a church home yet and to be completely honest I haven't even looked that much.  I attended a couple churches once and that's about it.  I feel bad about it now, but I can't go back in time and fix it, so from now on I have to go.  I need to find a home.  I am thinking about going to Life Church here in the city.  It is a huge church with several "branches" in the area and I think some in Texas.  I hear great things are coming from Life Church.  I also want to check out Crossroads Church (it's in the same area as Life Church but a different affiliation.)  Crossroads is affiliated with the AOG, for those of you who don't know what AOG is, it's Assemblies of God.  Yes, I consider myself a Pentecostal, not to be confused with Pentecostal Holiness THEY ARE TWO TOTALLY DIFFERENT TYPES OF CHURCHES.  I am a firm believer that no matter what denomination you choose, you should always go to the church that you feel the Lord God is leading you to no matter what, because that is where He needs you and where he wants you to grow.

Also, I decided to move out of the great state of Oklahoma.  I will be moving to Las Vegas, NV hopefully by the end of next year.  I want to make this clear though, if God decides he wants me to stay here, I WILL.  I don't know what God has planned for me yet, I know it's going to be big.  I am perfectly fine staying here.  My family is here and so are my friends, but I will follow God where he wants me to go.  I am currently single and if God has me meet someone before I move to Las Vegas and it keeps me here then so be it and I am totally fine with it.  God has everything worked out for me, I just have to trust in Him and follow.

In other news, I am still jobless.  It sucks BIG TIME.  I feel like a mooch sometimes, just living with my parents and not working.  I know it's hard on them and it's hard on me.  I have been sending in resumes all over the place but to no avail.  I am going to a job fair this Friday and am hoping that I make some contacts and maybe even get offered a job **fingers crossed**  I know the Lord will provide me a job.  He wouldn't have brought me back here without that planned out.  Like I said He has big things planned for me.  Prayers are definitely appreciated and wanted.  I never turn down prayers!  ^_^

On my weight loss goals, I have no clue if I have lost weight at all.  :(  Unfortunately it is hard to find scales that weigh over 330 pounds and the last time I weighed my self I weighed around 390 lbs.  Even if I were to have lost weight I could lose up to 60 lbs and not know it because of the scales.  I have been told I look like I have lost weight, I sure hope so.  I also have created a vlog on youtube.  I haven't updated in months as well, probably, again, because of laziness, and I don't have a decent webcam to take video and I don't have a camera.  But I am going to try and get more active on that.  Maybe just do it once a week, start slow, and make it a habit.  :)  I want to lose 225 lbs to 250 lbs.  My goal weight is 150 lbs to 175 lbs.  My main thing is I just want to be healthy.  I don't have insurance (eg. no job), and haven't since Sept 2010 which means not only have I not seen a doctor for the past several months, but have not been able to take my blood pressure medication, my beta blocker, and my cholesterol medication because I just can't afford it.  I have had bronchitis about 3 times since September and problems with my feet.  I pray that God provides me with a job to provide me with the necessary medication and I pray HEALING in the name of JESUS!  I receive healing in his precious name, FOR BY HIS STRIPES I AM HEALED!  My big thing I am most worried about is when I walk my lower back and upper part of my backside go numb, yes numb!  It scares me!  Again I know that I need to cast my worries on God but I am human and fall short.  I pray that he takes all my worries away!

Finally, because this blog entry is getting pretty long and I want people to read it, ^_^ I want to conclude that I am not complete.  I have doubted and have been troubled.  I have tried to figure things out in the past 6 months, much to my dismay, I alone have not been able to figure how to fix things.  I watched a Joyce Meyers show last night on The Church Channel and she told us to let go and let God take control.  We want so much to hold on to what we have and look at what God has for us and try to decide which one we think is better.  LEAN NOT ON YOUR OWN UNDERSTANDING!!!  And that's what I need to do.  Thank you to all who have spent your valuable time reading this, it means a great deal to me!  I look forward to your comments and to more blog posts!  Love you all!

God Bless!
Carlena


I leave you all with this scripture!  
      Proverbs 3:5-6
        (5) Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; (6) in all ways submit to Him and He will make your paths straight.

3 comments:

  1. You can do it, sister! :) I am behind you all the way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I believe you can make the changes you desire. But it will be you alone. These are not things that I or other friends can do for you. We stand with you. we lift you up in prayer to the One who works all things to His glory.
    Praying and standing with you - all they way, until He comes - <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Omg, So I just want you to know that this Psalms 3:5 is totally one of my life verses. It's helped me out sooo much! We should get together sometime soon. Call meh! <3

    ReplyDelete